Executive Associate, Marketing and Media
In this role you'll work closely, and collaboratively, with the Wildcard Marketing, Branding, and Game Development teams to support the planning, creation, and management of all media and marketing content concepts, production and distribution across our social platforms, website and in paid advertising. The Executive Associate, Marketing is responsible for supporting all day-to-day activities overseen by the VP, Media and Marketing within our small but robust interactive game company. This role includes managing schedules, coordinating meetings, organizing project materials, conducting project-related research and handling travel arrangements. This role will also include the preparation of presentations, tracking of key actions required on all projects and acting as the direct liaison with senior level stakeholders both internally and externally across projects and time zones. You'll support the creation and management of meaningful community-first campaigns and engagement events. You'll support the Wildcard MarCom team to help coordinate strategies driving user acquisition, engagement, and retention. You’ll support the translation of key messaging strategies and game development updates into entertaining and engaging content. Ideal candidates foster positive, fun and engaging conversations with cross-functional colleagues, can think quickly on their feet, and tend to think outside the box to find positive and practical solutions to issues. Candidates with unique backgrounds, particularly those that help cultivate hybrid online and offline passionate communities, are encouraged to apply.
- Manage complex schedules and coordinate meetings with internal and external parties across multiple time zones utilizing multiple calendars, often balancing very strict demands of high-level developers and executives, and anticipating problems and conflicts in advance
- Compile meeting agendas, take notes for weekly team meetings, and manage running agendas week to week
- Write internal communications documents, including update memos and agenda recaps to inform team members of important departmental updates
- Build presentations on Google Drive, PDF, Canva and/or MS Powerpoint to support project presentations and internal reports
- Establish contact lists of external collaborators, vendors and partners and update information periodically
- Liaise with cross-functional team members and external collaborators to gauge their needs and project progress
- Serve as point of communication between marketing team and external resources
- Achieve organizational goals while adhering to standards and best practices
- Monitor internal and external resources, ensuring that projects are tracking to remain within scope, schedule, and budget
- Develop and create simple companion content ideas to pair with the larger marketing communications strategy and activations geared to engage users on our social platforms
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Maintain proper recordkeeping and filing systems for all projects
- Draft and type routine e-mail correspondence
- Take copious notes during critical meetings and calls, summarize in detail and follow up with action items
- Perform basic administrative tasks, e.g. digital filing
- Prepare and process expense reports in accordance with established spending policy guidelines.
- Coordinate travel schedules and arrangements, collecting required travel documentation
- Some, infrequent, personal assistant support.
- Create and adhere to a timeline for planning events.
Does this sound right for you?
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 1 year of experience supporting a senior level executive
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Adobe, Excel and G Suite programs
- Proficient in creating presentation and pitch materials for projects in development
- Proficient with Zoom, Google Meet, MS Teams and FaceTime to support remote meetings
- Proficient in the use of Slack in the workplace
- Have basic skills in Miro, Notion, Jira software
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign or similar a plus
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere or Avid editing software a plus
- Knowledge of all basic office equipment
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV to be considered
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Conduct yourself with a high degree of professionalism and have the ability to interface well with Senior Level management
- Proactive problem-solver and self-starter
- Have demonstrable AA proficiency and experience: a truly committed individual
- Desire to grow within a company
- Able to work independently and show a very strong sense of initiative and intuition
- An expert communicator with the ability to communicate with all staff levels including senior executives
- Demonstrate initiative by confidently self-starting improvements to office procedures, reports and processes and requires minimal supervision
- Acute attention to details and tasks while minimizing errors
- Demonstrate ability to work as a team and willingness to give assistance to co-workers in other areas
- Understand that no job is too small
- Have a positive attitude toward a rapidly changing business environment
- Have experience with advanced domestic and international travel bookings and able to navigate meticulous itineraries and demands abroad
- Have excellent organizational, analytical and administrative skills, together with developed interpersonal skills, telephone manner and attention to detail
- Eager to learn and have passion for high quality games, interactive and web media
- Have passion for keeping up with current entertainment trends, culture shifts and tech developments
- Have worked closely with marketing and/or PR teams in the past
- Have worked with game development teams in the past
- Have an interest in establishing a career in marketing
- Have basic knowledge of Blockchain/Web3 concepts
- Have basic knowledge of Adobe Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Have created presentation decks in Canva, Google Slides, Dreamweaver or similar
- Have a love for video games
We love games.
We’re redefining gaming for the next generation.
We have consistently focused on cutting edge technology and emerging platforms. We are inspired by the promise of disruptive technologies like VR and Web3 and are actively developing games that take full advantage of these new mediums. We love these challenging frontiers where video games are evolving and becoming more accessible, more inclusive, and more fun. We are building worlds that will come alive for our players in ways that were previously only possible in dreams.
We go against the grain where it counts.
We actively work against crunch. We highly value work-life balance and encourage our staff to have a life outside the studio, which is why we fully embrace and encourage remote work. We also offer top pay and industry leading benefits.
This job will start to take place mainly remotely. We do, however, have some in person, co-working days at our home office in McKinney, TX. Our primary office hours are CST but the team this role supports spans PST, CST and EST. This role is open to someone who is based in TX, MS, GA, FL, CA, WA, CO, NV, VT, NY, CT with an understanding that the job often requires work to happen across US time zones.
Join our team
redefine gaming for the next generation