Lead Game Designer
ARE YOU AN EXPERIENCED LEAD GAME DESIGNER INTERESTED IN HELPING TO BUILD A TRUE NEXT-GENERATION, AAA GAMING FRANCHISE? THE WILDCARD ALLIANCE IS A TEAM OF PASSIONATE GAME CREATORS WHO HAVE SHIPPED SOME OF THE WORLD’S MOST POPULAR PC, CONSOLE, AND MOBILE GAMES! DO YOU HAVE A LOVE FOR CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY AND GAMEPLAY INTERACTION ON EMERGING PLATFORMS? IS YOUR PASSION MAKING GAMES AND GAMING MORE ACCESSIBLE, INCLUSIVE, AND FUN?
- You are a shepherd of design, not the originator of every idea. You help to bring out the best in everyone’s ideas and ultimately guide ideas through the pipeline to ultimately be realized in-game.
- Conversant with the evolving balance needed to support a live competitive game through the early staged development with an active and growing community.
- Sync and continually stay aligned with the game director, while hearing and surfacing feedback from other team members and project stakeholders.
- Become an expert of the game, playing constantly and understanding gameplay goals and the delta between the aspirations for the final product and the current state.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to imagine, create, and iterate on content to design an accessible, yet deep experience for players. (with a strong emphasis on written and communication since we are a remote team (internally and external developers).
- Develop ideas for prototyping, content, gameplay, and progression systems in the context of a live game.
- Partner with other disciplines to ensure content and features are delivered to the highest quality. Clearly communicate feedback in a respectful yet candid manner.
- Envision and help create framework for the game design, as well as work within existing systems and expand on them.
- Incredibly proactive, constantly finding creative ways to build and evolve an amazing competitive game, while constantly collaborating with others in the studio remotely.
- Take part in playtests, communicate with beta testers, and iterate based on feedback.
- Update the studio frequently on plans / directions / vision for design.
- Create design templates, grow and iterate the design from developers, partners, and community feedback.
- Know how to take an idea from ‘good enough’ to in-game and playable.
- Create prototype content within Unreal, refine blueprints from playtest and iterate toward shipping quality gameplay assets.
- Break down details of complex design structures and present them simply, telling the story of the feature as it pertains to the game’s goals.
Does this sound right for you?
- Have 5+ years of game design experience.
- Passionate about multiplayer games and all the different systems that come together to make the games fun and endlessly enjoyable.
- Experience and familiarity with modern 3d Person action/ FPS games and character mechanics in a competitive game.
- Are an active player of PC/ Console competitive games. (competitive card and 3d person action games).
- Experience with progression mechanics, metagame design, social gameplay, and endgame activities are highly desirable.
- At least 1 shipped title as a Lead, Sr. Designer, Sr. Systems and/ or Balance Designer.
- A portfolio that shows your contribution to one or more AAA Projects shipped to completion in a design role, preferably building systemic content.
- Strong documentation and visual presentation skills to evangelize designs
- It's a plus if you have been part of a live game project where you have owned tuning and balance for game content.
- A background in math, 3rd person combat design, live ops, and tournament or seasonal design events is a plus.
Join our team
redefine gaming for the next generation